- The Mindfulness Colouring Book, Emma Farrarons
- The Fishermen, Chigozie Obioma
- Mislaid, Nell Zink
- Eating My Grandmother, Krissy Kneen
- The Garden Colouring Book, Hamlyn
- The Other Side of the World, Stephanie Bishop
- Sick in the Head, Judd Apatow
- Brisbane Art Deco, Kim Wilson
- My Brilliant Friend, Elena Ferrante
- Reasons to Stay Alive, Matt Haig
Well, those Adult Colouring Books continue to take over the world! Leading the charge is the perennial The Mindfulness Colouring Book. There’s an exciting new entry this week, however, with Chigozie Obioma’s The Fishemermen racing to number two. Nigerian-born Obioma will be appearing at a very special Open Bookclub on August 5 at Avid Reader, an event we’re very much looking forward to! This book has prizewinner written all over it, so come and see this exciting author before he’s too famous for us!
Our Fiction and Nonfiction Books of the Month (The Other Side of the World and Sick in the Head respectively) also make the list, and don’t forget you can hear Stephanie Bishop at Avid Reader on Thursday July 16 talking about her extraordinary debut novel.
Apart from our usual suspects (we’re looking at you, Brisbane Art Deco and Elena Ferrante!), it’s great to see Matt Haig’s wonderful book Reasons to Stay Alive finally back in stock and selling well after his star turn at the recent Sydney Writers Festival.